New Page 5
What information should I ask of the family?
Here are some of the questions we always ask families that register with us. You should
ask as many questions as you need to be able to make a decision as to whether this is the
right family for you.
- Have you had an aupair before? If the answer is yes, then we ask; Why is she leaving
now? May we speak with her?
- Why do you want an aupair?
- How many children do you have, what are their ages, their hobbies and interests, their
- Do any of the children have special needs and if so what?
- Can they swim?
- Are there any family members with special needs and if so what?
- What do the parents do for a living? How old are the parents?
- Will the aupair have sole care of the children for long periods of time?
- What accommodation, meals and transport will you provide?
- What are the duties and responsibilities the aupair will have? (childcare, animals,
housekeeping, garden, cooking, other?)
- How many hours a week do you think the aupair will be working?
- How many nights of babysitting per week?
- Are you religious and if so what religion?
- Do you have any special dietary restrictions?
- Do you smoke? Will you allow an aupair to smoke?
- Are you willing to provide references
- Will you provide photos of your family, your children, your home and the aupairs
- Will you allow boyfriends / friends to visit?
- What are your rules with the telephone?
- What time off will you allow?
- What paid leave?
- What unpaid leave?
- How long a period do you require an aupair?
- When do you want her to start?
- Will you pay towards airfare?
- What salary / pocket money are you offering?
- Are you willing to support a legal work permit?
- What qualifications should your aupair have?
- How sporty, cultural, languages do you want?